Happy National Car Care Month!
“With many vehicles wanting service, National Car Care Month in April can serve as an important reminder to do this today so you can count on the vehicle later on,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council. “It’s very easy to postpone vehicle maintenance when things outside, hurry up, but try not to delay. Addressing minor service needs before they become major just might help you avoid unexpected car trouble and unplanned costly repairs.”
To celebrate National Car Care Month, keep tuned in on the Openbay Blog and advertising and marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to check out one new auto-related fact on a daily basis!
Here we go!
- According to Rich White, the automobile Care Council’s executive director, over $60-billion in vehicle service goes unperformed on a yearly basis. More suitable maintained the car, the safer our roads.
- Let’s pretend your vehicle is perfectly maintained (oil changed, tires rotated, fluids a-ok, scheduled maintenance done; heck – you’ve even washed it!), and you are hankering for just a road trip. Today! You’re just curious to know – the amount of will that run you in fuel?
- If you narrow on that latte just 2.5x every week, you can bank $500 for the car-repair fund, so you’ve got the savings ready whenever your car breaks. Believe it or not, 63% of Americans don’t have enough money to pay a $500 car repair. Put down that latte, , nor be considered one of ’em! (According to Car Covers Direct’s blog)
- If you should extend the actual of your car battery, follow these five tips from my article (which however is loaded with lots more detail), “5 Tricks to Extend Your Battery Life”
- Check the Cables
- Don’t beat a clicking horse
- Between 1913-1927, Ford factories produced a lot more than 15-million Model Ts. Take a look at more information for the Model T (including why there are many challenges must be driven up a high hill backward) here, in the History Channel.
- There are about 750 million professional auto repair and maintenance services performed during the U.S. each year. Will you be booking your merchandise the simple way?
- According to Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com, a different vehicle that costs about $20,000 will find themselves costing nearly double that to own. Wow. Which cost-to-own can differ, based on the vehicle you’re buying. Regular vehicle maintenance, gas, car washes, insurance, along with perhaps the odd speeding ticket, for anybody who is lead footer (then you should be expecting your premium to improve!) will add up fast!
- According to Edmunds, your fresh car loses 60% of value within the first a few years.
- At the 2011 Nyc Auto Show, we attended a panel discussion, hosted by Lexus, about women buying and servicing vehicles. Visit?an summary here.
- The average vehicle inside U.S. is 11.Several years old.
- About 750 million professional auto-repair services are finished during the U.S. annually.
- Today’s forecast comes via IHS Automotive’s estimates – by 2020, vehicles aged 12+ years raises by about 15%. Speak about some new the “aftermarket sweet spot,” typically viewed as time when vehicles are between 6-12 years.
- When consumers use Openbay in order to, book and cover auto repair and maintenance, 70% of these will not find the lowest-priced shop in the city. You should? They place convenience and trust prior to price. If there’s a nearby auto repair center with great reviews, the peace-of-mind will probably be worth several extra bucks. Injuries entrust your wheels to simply anyone, right?
- It’s tax time, so you’re thinking about budgeting, once you file your 2019 taxes, right??Make sure you include automotive repair and maintenance in your budget. In case you are similar to the average vehicle owner, you’re spending $792 each and every year in automotive maintenance and repairs (along with from any of the other expenses connected with vehicle ownership), reported by AAA. That’s $66 per month. So pop that in your own budget, and whenever (not if!) your vehicle needs repair or maintenance, you may not must refer to it as a crisis.?
- This stat, from Bankrate, isn’t fantastic news – 63% of adult Americans do not want a $500 car repair. Wow.?That’s doubly troubling.
- California possesses the most licensed drivers per state, that creates sense, trained with offers the a lot of people. Second state generally drivers and the ones is Texas. Third state primarily drivers is Florida, although there are many folks New york city state.
- The Bentley Mulsanne’s interior has about 18 bull hides.?Bull hides are used given that the males’ skin doesn’t stretch as quickly. Those bulls are raised in northern Europe, on fence-free pastures, for you to eliminate blemishes from barbed-wire, and also the cool weather minimizes insect bites. Don’t fall for us? See this National Geographic tour of the Bentley factory in Crewe, U.K. Perfect weekend watching!
- If residence from a dusty area, you’d better improve your air conditioner filter sometimes than recommended. For more, visit: Furnace filters: What the results are Any time you Don’t Change Them
- Is your car or truck outside of warranty? Join the group – you are in good company, in conjunction with well a lot more than 80% of vehicles while travelling. #NationalCarCareMonth is a superb excuse to exhibit your motor vehicle some love. Grow it set for some scheduled maintenance, an oil change, in addition to a brake inspection.
- Six things today’s cars no more need, on the carburetor towards the car phone. Auf Wiedersehen! And you just know how to head if it is time for that scheduled maintenance (don’t think of it as a tune-up!)
- The shortest time come to affect the engine of a car was 42 seconds, as done at a Ford Escort by the team of Royal Marines in 1985. Don’t even think us? Jalopnik offers the ?proof here.
- You’re booking reservations in your favorite restaurant, or catching a ride locally for your phone. – Why?make use of it to?go with a repair center? Greater than 40% of Openbay users do.
- If your car or truck is anything much like the average car on the highway while in the U.S., it’s old! The standard age ?is in a list high – 11.5-years old.
- If the car is 6+ yrs . old, it’s from the “aftermarket sweet spot,” meaning it a ton of service. Here’s a a few items to be on the lookout for if you want strategies to maintain aging car safe:
- Inspect any items that wears; this consists of?tires, belts, hoses, brakes, rotors and front-end components.
- The front-end suspension – including upper and lower control arms bushings, tie rod ends, sway bar linkage, and upper and lower ball joints – should be inspected, together with all steering components.
- Test the car battery twice yearly; almost all of the vital for individuals that inhabit colder climates and just before winter.
- Here’s our first #NationalCarCareMonth fact throughout, something especially painful for individuals with Boston, MA.